If you are looking for a way to delete apps from your iPad? Then here I cover two methods to do the same.
Deleting apps from the iPad is really easy to do but for the first-time user, it can be a little bit tricky. But no need to worry here I cover the complete step-by-step process to do the same.
By deleting any application on the iPad you will also delete all the app’s data stored on the iPad. But all data which is stored on the app server will be there and it will restore once you reinstall it.
So now let’s see how you can delete the apps with the first method.
How to Delete Apps on iPad? [From HomeScreen]
This is the easiest way to uninstall or delete any app from your iPad. Follow the below steps to do it:
- First, unlock your iPad and go to the screen from where you want to delete the applications. And long press on any empty space.
- Once apps begin to wiggle, release the press. Now you can see the ‘-’ icon on each application up the left side, click on that icon.
- Now it will show you a popup there with three options. Click on the ‘Delete App’ option from there. The second option ‘Remove from Home Screen’ will remove your app from the home screen only but you can still access it from the App Library.
- Next, it will again ask for confirmation, Click on the ‘Delete’ button to confirm and delete the app from your iPad.
- And next click on the ‘Done’ button to return to the normal iPad screen and start using it as normal.
This is how easily you can delete or uninstall any application on the iPad. You can always download the app again from your app store.
How to Delete Apps on iPad? [From Settings]
Somehow if you don’t want to delete the app from your iPad with the first method or you are not able to use that method then here is another way to do it.
Follow the step-by-step process to delete the app using the settings app.
- First, unlock your iPad, find the settings app on your iPad and click on that to open it.
- Next, scroll down a little bit and click on the option called ‘General’ as you can see in the image below.
- Now click on the ‘iPad Storage’ options as you can see in the below image.
- Here you will see the overview of your iPad storage and all the applications listed with the storage used by them.
- Next click on the application you want to delete or uninstall from your iPad.
- Here you will see two options. Click on the Delete App option from there. But if you have the plan to re-install the app you can just Offload the App for some time which will free up your iPad space but you can recover all your data when you install it again.
- Next, it will show you the popup asking for confirmation. Click on the ‘Delete App’ and it will delete that app from your iPad.
So this is another way you can delete the app from your iPad. And with this method, you also get options to offload apps which is useful if you want to free up iPad space without losing any data from the app.
Here I share two methods that help you to delete apps from your iPad. And also cover how you can offload or remove any app from the home screen. I hope you like this guide and share it on your social media with your friends if they are unaware of these methods.