Are you confused about how to clear history on the safari browser? Then here I cover the process on this topic for mac and ios users.
Safari is lightweight, fast, and one of the best browsers available in the market for mac and ios users.
But sometimes for new users who just started using safari, it can be tricky to clear the history according to what they want.
It depends on the users and how they want to clear the history the options are available at different places in this browser.
For example, you might want to clear all history or you may want to clear some specific websites from your browser’s history.
So in the below article, I cover all the available ways to clear the history of safari and also cover some shortcuts you can use to do the same.
The process of doing it is the same on almost all safari versions available on the mac and ios also. Yes, so no matter what version you are using it will be almost the same.
Now let’s see the step-by-step process starting with the mac.
How To Clear History on Safari? [Mac]
Safari is one of the most popular browsers among mac users and here I cover the complete process of clearing history in this browser.
- First, open the safari browser on your mac. And in the top bar, there are some options available.
- From there click on the ‘History’ button and it will show you many options there also. Now depending on what you want to delete you have to choose from there.
- If you want to delete one or a few websites from history click on show all history. And after that, you can see all the pages you have visited date-wise.
- Simply right-click on the website which you want to remove from the history and click on the delete option.
- Or you can clear the history by the last hour, today, last 2 days, or all history in just one click. Simply click on the clear history button as shown below image. Or you can go to History -> Clear History.
- It will show you the popup select the time frame from there and click on the Clear History button.
So this is the complete process of how to clear history on the safari web browser on your mac laptop or pc. And it gives you two options to do that.
How To Clear History on Safari? [iPhone]
Now let’s see how you can clear the history on your safari if you are using it on your iPhone. The process is to do it on iPhone it’s really simple.
- Open Safari web browser on iPhone. And click on the Book icon at the bottom as shown below image.
- In the history tab, you can see all the history of the website you have visited. Here you have two options.
- If you want to delete the history of particular websites you have visited just tap and hold on to that link and click on delete.
- And if you want to clear the history by the last hour, today, last 2 days, or all history then click on the clear button there and choose the option from there.
As you can see it is also really easy to clear the safari history on your iPhone also. And the process will be the same if you are using an iPad also the interface can be a little different.
Here I share a complete step-by-step process on how you can clear the history of the safari web browser on your mac or iPhone.
And also cover two methods for each either you want the clear history of an individual website or you want to clear within a time frame.
So if you like this article make sure you share it with your friends so they don’t face any trouble doing this simple thing.